Saturday 5 December 2009

Who else?

(For Min)


Just when you thought,
I know you, but I don’t - we don’t.
I think I’m comfortable, but stretch me,
                But you are here for more than that
                                My anchor
                                Inspirer
                                Patient lover
Who else would bleed for me like you?
                Sacrifice so much...
See through me, love me, by my side
My poppy blown in the wind, but strong and tall –
                Trampled by my thoughtless feet,
                                But nurtured to blossom bright again –
by the tender handed Gardner
                                A bruised reed – 
                                    unbroken
Your eyes open me, melt me, expose me, fill me
                Who else could there be?
                Who else could be there?

1 comment: